Unified communications (UC) is the integration of real-time communication services such as instant messaging (chat), presence information, telephony (including IP telephony), video conferencing, call control and speech recognition with non-real-time communication services such as unified messaging (integrated voicemail, e-mail, SMS and fax). UC is not a single product, but a set of products that provides a consistent unified user interface and user experience across multiple devices and media types.
UC also refers to a trend to offer Business process integration, i.e. to simplify and integrate all forms of communications in view to optimize business processes and reduce the response time, manage flows, and eliminate device and media dependencies.
UC allows an individual to send a message on one medium and receive the same communication on another medium. For example, one can receive a voicemail message and choose to access it through e-mail or a cell phone. If the sender is online according to the presence information and currently accepts calls, the response can be sent immediately through text chat or video call. Otherwise, it may be sent as a non real-time message that can be accessed through a variety of media.
How does Unified Communications Work?
What are the Advantages of Unified Communications?
- Lower Expenses: The initial investment in new technology can seem overwhelming, but existing infrastructure might be sufficient or easily modifiable. Companies can eliminate redundant resources.
- Maximize Work Time: UC can allow you to work with people based on availability and reduce time wasted playing phone tag.
- Minimize Travel Time: Why fly or drive to a meeting that can take place over video conferencing?
- One Single Sign On: With single sign-on ability, you don’t have to worry about keeping track of multiple usernames and passwords.
- Work from Anywhere: UC also lets you keep in touch with the office when travel is unavoidable.
T 1 Town in conjunction with Thinking Phones Networks can tie together business communications processes to help our clients save money.
We offer services that enable large and enterprise organizations with Unified Communications Capabilities, including powerful Analytics Engines and App Integration, on a single hosted platform.
- Core communications applications combined with business analytics engines
- Communications applications: voice, video, presence, messaging, mobility, and collaboration
Result: Executive level visibility into customer interactions, operational efficiency, and overall business health
OPEN PLATFORM BUSINESS MODELS
- Open architected platforms for medium to large business models
- Includes: an extensive library of web services and APIs for third party application integration.
Result: Single platform infrastructures without large upfront capital expenditures and ongoing maintenance costs of closed-end and proprietary on-premise systems.