What is a LAN?
- A LAN is a Local Area Network.
- It is a computer network that spans a relatively small area. Most LANs are confined to a single building or group of buildings.
Diagram of a LAN
What is a WAN?
- A WAN is a Wide Area Network.
- A WAN spans a large geographic area, such as a state, province or country. WANs often connect multiple smaller networks, such as local area networks (LANs) or metro area networks (MANs).
Diagram of a WAN
What is a MAN?
- A MAN is a metropolitan area network .
- A network intermediate between a local area network (LAN) and a wide area network (WAN).
Diagram of a MAN